A current view of this location can be seen today from the Plaza Dome Lounge.
Its 1940s phase of neon showed covered wagons, miners and cactus.1955: The 1931-55 Sal Sagev Hotel became the Golden Gate Hotel-Casino.(South-left).The Dugout Restaurant's neon sign replaced the former sign for Biff's Famous Food.1957: The Mint Casino opened, replacing Club Savoy.Graphic Restoration Enhancement by Camden Communications tropicana casino online hotel It would take until after the end of World War Two and the start of the post-war era before the largest transformation of Fremont tyco ho slot cars Street, into Glitter Gulch, would begin to take place.Photo Donated to m by Vieilles Annonces.Photo Copyright 2009 by Vieilles Annonces.The first Las Vegas installation of neon signage was in 1927 at is online gambling illegal the Oasis Restaurant (left).To find what you are curious about - simply use the assorted Navigation Buttons to find what you are looking for.Graphic Restoration Enhancement by Camden Communications Downtown Las Vegas from Fremont and Second Street.Graphic Restoration Enhancement by Camden Communications The front of downtown's Union Pacific Train Depot in 1959.
The current 'La Bayou' is now located on the site of where the 'Mont Carlo' is seen above (right) Photography by Erik Wunstell - Copyright 2009 after: 2009 Fremont Street (from near Main Street) looking eastward - showing current view of photo above.
Graphic Restoration Enhancement by Camden Communications 1959 Las Vegas tourists on Fremont Street.
The Pioneer Club InOldLasVegas Collection.
This section of First Street is now a narrow, a dead-end alleyway due to the new construction of a condo tower (seen rising at left).
The Downtown section, below, explores Las Vegas life and casinos in the original Downtown Fremont Street area from.
Graphic Restoration Enhancement by Camden Communications Downtown Fremont Street Second in 1951.
Please allow 45 seconds for 100 large, full-color Old Las Vegas photos to now download.Read More, the Fremont Hotel Casino, the Fremont Hotel Casino is located in the heart of downtown on Fremont Street.The post office is seen at left along with the Majestic Theater.Hundreds of great pictures are available of Old Downtown, the Old Strip, plus New Vegas art!The Monte Carlo later became the 1970 Coin Castle and is now La Bayou.Graphic Restoration Enhancement by Camden Communications after view: 1957 view of the Birdcage Casino just before its demolition to make way for the Mint's expansion.The Golden Nugget would open on the site of the post office in 1946.Downtown Las Vegas offers an energetic display of color with a bit of nostalgia and a glimpse of the future.Las Vegas is a spectacular city, incomparable to any other.Graphic Restoration Enhancement by Camden Communications Circa 1948 westward view of Fremont Street (looking toward the train depot) shows the intersection of Fremont and First, with the Pioneer Club on the left corner.Yet, it was the central downtown area (from Second to Main) that would house the casinos that became known as Glitter Gilch.The 1995 metal canopy (called the Fremont Street Experience) now blocks the view of the former Mint Tower.